2016 Unit Elections
To all Scoutmasters –
Please READ and FOLLOW all the instructions!
The election forms for 2016 contain a few changes, which include additional information the Lodge requires for ordeal candidates. Please use the new forms and discard any older election forms you may have at your troop.
You can also download all the current forms from the Lodge Website at – www.eswau.net/forms/
The Lodge asks that you work with your OA Chapter Advisor for your 2016 unit elections.
Basic Election Guidelines:
- Scouts must be First Class Before the Unit elections
- They must have completed at least 15 nights of camping within the last 2 years, of which only 6 days and 5 nights were at summer camp.
- The troop must have at least 50% of the registered youth present for a valid election
- Each candidate must receive 50% of the votes of the youth present during the election
- Each candidate who receives 50% is an eligible for Ordeal (1 or all can be nominated)
- You can hold only 1 election per year.
For Adult Elections – Please review the following instructions and the entire adult nomination form.
“Selection and induction into the Order of an adult Scouter should take place only when the adult’s job in Boy Scouting or Varsity Scouting will make Order of the Arrow membership more meaningful in the lives of the youth membership. It must not be for the purpose of adult recognition.”
Information updated in 2016 includes:
1. Scoutmaster Information Sheet
2. Unit Election Form and Adult Nomination Form
3. Ordeal Information Sheet with Registration Section
4. BSA Health form part A & B
5. Lodge Code of Conduct
Please complete the entire unit elections form and mail the form as soon as possible to the address listed at the bottom of the form.
Fill in all the blanks and sign the form. Be sure to include the elected candidate’s address, phone number, and National BSA membership number (from their membership card) on the table provided with the form.
National BSA policy now requires each Lodge to review all participants’ current BSA membership cards at OA events. All OA participants must be current BSA members.
Eswau Huppeday Unit Elections Chairman